The Royal Wedding

Okay, so this is going to sound waaay sappy and girly but  for the past couple of days I have been following the royal wedding (of Prince William and Kate Middleton, for anyone that's been living under a rock for the past few months) more than any person who claims to have a life probably should. At first I thought it was more than a little bit silly, the way every girl around me was getting so into it (frankly, some of it still is silly, but that's another matter). But somehow I suddenly found myself wondering what Kate Middleton's wedding dress looked like. So I googled the wedding. And found videos. And then everything on TV was about the wedding. And all the news stories were about the wedding. So, long story shorter, I've transformed into a giggly, starry-eyed teenage girl. I'm sorry, I can't help it. I'm a sap. A sappy, sappy sap. And I'm a sucker for fairy tales.

Yep, laugh all you want, but that's what it is. A handsome prince met a beautiful girl and they became good friends, and eventually fell in love. Somewhere along the way he started losing his hair and got a just a bit less handsome (sappy AND shallow, apparently), but that's OK, she still loved him. In the end, they got married and she became his princess. Someday they'll be the King and Queen of a magical land (magical to someone who's lived her whole life in the States, watching BBCA and dreaming about someday visiting London, that is) and, hopefully, they'll live happily ever after.


So that's it. The royal grandson of the Queen of a nation that isn't even my own gets married, and I turn piddly puddle of goo. I melted. I feel like the grinch in that one scene. Pathetic.
But maybe (just maybe) it was somehow a good thing. Maybe I needed to be transformed, however temporarily, from my usually aloof, condescending, geeky self back into a normal teenage girl who's just barely willing to admit that she still might believe in fairy tales. Hmm.
Anyways, I'll write more later. Love you all.
 -Kelsey

P.S. The dress? LOVE it. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment